The city of Munich
Munich is the third largest city of Germany, one of the most important Economic and Cultural Centers of Germany. Its the capital of Bavaria, well known international economic hub and a focal point of Art and Culture, crossroad of history and modern times. Also, it is close to the Alpine Foreland with its beautiful lakes and castles. For more info refer to: http://wikitravel.org/en/Munich and https://www.lonelyplanet.com/germany/munich. The following pictures have been provided by München Tourismus.
- The next ATM can be found at Postbank, on Bahnhofstraße 2, corner of Fürstenfelder Straße. You can view it here.
- There are several hundred free parking places opposite the conference location on Fürstenfelder Straße (suggested GPS Destination: Zisterzienserweg).
- Timezone: Central European Time Zone (UTC+01:00)
- Power plug needed: The “Type C” Europlug and the “Type E” and “Type F” Schuko (https://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=154)
- Tip at restaurant: reasonable tip for good service 10%. Service and VAT are included in the menu price in restaurants, bars, etc. all over Germany. Still, it is typical to “round up” the amount to some more-or-less round figure. A rule of thumb is to add 5-10%, generally ending with a full Euro amount.
- Munich Travel Guide: https://www.google.de/destination
- Weather in Munich: weather.com